Friday, September 24, 2004

Open Letter to Prime Minister Allawi

Dear Prime Minister Allawi,

Thank you for coming to the United States to talk with our leaders and address Congress. Many of the citizens who were able to view you on TV were moved by
your speech. As one citizen who has supported our war in Iraq and who has closely monitored events via blogs written by citizens of Iraq and from our military based in Iraq, I am thankful that in much of Iraq people are able to get on with their lives. I have become so fond of your good people, those who are adult professionals and your youth who are so eager to learn. They have taken freedom of speech to heart and show how eager they are for peace in their land and friendship to those who support them.

I commend you and your people who so bravely face the threat of injury and death. The brave men who continue to sign up for service in the various groups within your security forces and those of you who are in leadership positions are the epitome of bravery and heroism.

I apologize to you, as one American citizen, for those who criticize the efforts of both the Iraqi leadership, security forces and the multinational forces. I know that
war never goes according to the best laid plans and that a war's aftermath is always
uncertain. Neither our leaders nor yours are clairvoyant and problems will continue to occur. I have faith in the response of the Iraqis and in the multinational forces that slowly and surely will overcome.

Long live Iraq and the United States of America as we continue to strengthen our friendship.

3 comments:

  1. Dear pawigoview, I promised my self that I will never engage in any political writings, and the main reason for that is that I come here “in the blog spots” to escape the media and the news and the political fights..

    Now as usual, stumbling in a blog is very normal.. and one post led to an other and I am here in your blog, I don’t want to bother you with all my mumblings.. but I wanted you to know that what intrigued me to say something was this letter.. In a million years I couldn’t have said it better than you.. I am a Kuwaiti, living in Kuwait now.. I used to go to school in the states and lived there for 7 great years of my life, came back home to Kuwait after college in 1999.. That’s when the American people we preoccupied by Monika Lewinski and Clinton.. the simpler days.. LOL

    I am supporting every little thing you said in that open letter.. It’s very sad not to have more people like you in this world.. A world that used to look forward for globalization and openness, and today, is as closed as it’s ever going to be.. with fear all over the planet..

    I salute you for you compassion and love for others.. It’s a rare commodity these days..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldnt have been said better! :)

    http://markedmanner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you and amen!

    ReplyDelete