Thursday, April 13, 2006

IF THE LANGUAGE FITS, USE IT..

On CNN's "Lou Dobbs Tonight" on Monday, Dobbs was interviewing Nativo Lopez, president of the Mexican-American Political Association about his demand for "full immediate, unconditional legalization for all persons currently in the United States."

Dobbs posed this innocuous question about Lopez's planned boycott, "You're talking about a boycott of all illegal aliens in this country?"

Lopez exploded: "Well, first off, I refute your terminology. You don't say 'kike,' 'patty,' 'WOP,' OK. You don't say 'nigger'! ... You're using language that's offensive to me and offensive to my people! ... You pollute the air every day, Dobbs. ... That language is offensive, it's derogatory, it's denigrating, and don't use that terminology to me again, referring to my people!" Source


Merriam -Webster Dictionary defines ALIEN as relating, belonging, or owing allegiance to another country or government : FOREIGN
and ILLEGAL as "not according to or authorized by law : UNLAWFUL, ILLICIT; also : not sanctioned by official rules (as of a game)"

Not only do many of the ILLEGAL ALIENS choose not to learn our national language, they do not want us to use accurate words in our language.

If I leave these United States and am in another country, I am an alien. If I break the other countries laws concerning my presence in that nation, I am illegal!
These are not racial slurs. Use of accurate terminology does not make me a bigot.

I welcome LEGAL IMMIGRANTS and wish that so many who have applied through LEGAL MEANS will soon have the opportunity to begin citizenship pathways in these United States. I have no preference to a country of origin, ethnicity or religion. I welcome those who want to become assimilated by learning our language, history and responsibility of citizenship.

No comments:

Post a Comment