Sunday, July 18, 2004

Blogs I Like, Politics I Don't Like

My daily attempt to learn more of the news that our media does not see fit to print or to show on TV regarding the situation in Iraq, Afghanistan leads me to read the blogs written by Iraqis and by our military. I find the majority of them to be insightful and feel I have a better grasp of what is happening. I never thought I would ever have a chance to "talk" with someone on the warfront or people living in the ME. I tell my friends how fascinating and informative they are but it seems that they really have little interest. This makes me anxious. Are we truly that apathetic? Do we really trust TV and printed media? I spoke with my friend yesterday that had sent me the questions re. friends don't let friends vote Republican. I had not heard from her since I sent her my response. She said a friend had given it to her at church--this surprised me--she said she didn't agree with my comments but gave me no reasons for her choice. We will remain friends as we have for 40 years. I was as surprised by her reactions as I guess she was by mine. If it were not for the blogs, I would begin to think that I am the only one who thinks that we are involved in a war we did not ask for but must fight. I would believe that I was the only one who sees in President Bush strightforward leadership despite the fact I do not agree with him on all things. The verbal abuse heaped on him makes we wonder what happened to an America I knew that stood behind our leaders, perhaps some critical debate within or without a political party, but the charges ala Gore, J. Bond, T. Kennedy etc. ,do not qualify as debate. I begin to wonder what are our laws against treason. We have a candidate for the highest office in our land who gave aid to our enemies and is honored in N. Vietnam hall of fame. We have two candidates, elected as senators, who have left their jobs undone because they are campaigning.
Why didn't they resign their seats so that their constituents had some representation? I do not know the answers but at least I ask the questions.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:08 PM

    Find your blog articulate, straightforward and willing to state reasons for your opinions. I like that. Keep it up and you will probably attract more readers. The more sites you can attach to, the more quickly readers will find you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:35 PM

    America can only stand behind their leader when he is truthful and ethical to the people. This can't be done here. I'm glad the new generation has started to lash out against him. The protests from the love generation could make a welcome comeback here.

    ReplyDelete