Thursday, July 15, 2004

My biggest fear

I can't recall the exact phrasing John Kerry has used in his messages to voters but I have interpreted it as isolationist and today it sounded like he would work to bring the troops home at the earliest possible time. After I finished writing my blog, I was reading blogs from Iraq citizens and our military. At thegreenside.com/ the discussion was about a brief memorial service for a fallen marine and how everyone says something they remember about their buddy. The marine who wrote this talked about what the CO said regarding an article he had read (not identified)"The author had gotten himself into a number of insurgent cells from southern Iraq to Baghdad to Fallujah. The author spoke about the terrorists' commitment and motivation to continue their cause. Surprisingly, it was not religion or ideology; it was hate for American and the West. Toward the end of his article, he asked one terrorist what he would do if the Americans were driven from Iraq and went back to America. The terrorist stated after some reflection that he and his men would follow us there...."
My biggest fear is that we will bring the troops home too soon leaving the Iraqi people vulnerable to more terrorists entering Iraq and establishing more taining camps. We cannot isolate ourselves and think the WOT is over--it will come to us.

1 comment:

  1. Pat...I'm glad to see that you decided to go into the blog thing a bit. for me, it helps put some things into perspective by writing them down.

    I agree with you. Anyone that thinks he is committed to anything more than some vile holding pattern while we hunker down like cold war school children under their desks, waiting for the big one, is delusional.

    That's why he is not getting my vote.

    ReplyDelete