Tuesday, December 07, 2004

An Open Letter To Our Military

Dear Troops-One and All.

Greetings to you from a Christian senior citizen in North Carolina. I am hoping that you will have some sense of the amount of my appreciation for all you and your loved ones go through in orer to serve our nation. I know it is not easy to be in Iraq at this time of year when those at home celebrate the holidays in whatever is a meaningful way for you.

Each and every one of you is a precious gift to us who you are safeguarding. Your willingness to give your time, effort and skills is in the greatest tradition of the American Military that has maintained our freedoms over the years. Having had family members serve in both the Army and the Navy, some in war and others in peace makes me aware of just how valuable you are to friends and family and to all of us as well.

I write to a couple of soldiers I adopted through Soldiers Angels and read and comment on as many MIlblogs as I can.
I repeatedly try to let all know how thankful I am for their service and yet somehow the words always seem so inadeqate to truly convey my feeelings of gratitude to all of you.

I pray for our military in all of the theatres but mostly for those in Iraq and Afghanistan. May you find some joy and peace of spirit while you are in Iraq, May God bless each of you, keep you safe and bring you back to those you love.

Merry Christmas,

Pat in NC

No comments:

Post a Comment