Monday, January 10, 2005

What's wrong with this picture?


What's wrong with this picture? Posted by Hello

If you look closely at the picture above, you will note that all the Marines pictured are bowing their heads. That's because they're praying.

This incident took place at a recent ceremony honoring the birthday of the corps. This picture is being circulated via Email and indicates the ACLU up in arms.

What's wrong with the picture? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

What is wrong with the Email is it is a hoax. I am no fan of the Anti Christian Libel Union, but it does not help Christians when untruths are circulated.

I kept the picture because I am pleased to see our marines pray. It indicates to me that they do rely on God. This indicates an ability to be subordinate to the ultimate
power.

GOD Bless Our Warriors.
May God Bless America, One Nation Under God!

3 comments:

  1. I popped over to your blog after you posted a "Howdy, neighbor" on my blog, welcoming me to Homespun Bloggers.

    Just thought I'd say, "Thanks!" and put in a "Me, too!" on your thoughts about the Marines praying, and the ACLU.

    I don't see anything wrong with what the ACLU tries to do -- what I see wrong is nobody on the other side of the question pushing back. For things to remain in balance, everybody needs to participate, and participate honestly -- no underhanded hoaxes, for instance.

    Credo ut intelligam,

    cehwiedel
    http://quarens.usc.edu/traces
    http://cehwiedel.redstate.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed Marines are some of the most reverent people I have ever known. And I've known a lot of Marines, and other people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, I am *not* a Christian. I am Wiccan. I am also a Navy Veteran.

    Now, with that out of the way let me jump in here and say that I'm with you on this one 100%!
    1) There is nothing to be gained by falsehoods.
    2) There is nothing wrong with Marines, (or anyone else), praying. Even the Pagan Marines pray - often!
    3) The ACLU, while once helping me out of a jam caused by religious bigotry, has taken things too far to the Left. They have become "Anti-Religion" rather than "Pro-Religious Freedom".

    Take the Pledge of Allegiance. True, "under God" wasn't originally in there. But where does it define "God"? It doesn't! Therefore even I - a confirmed and lifelong Wiccan - gladly and proudly make the same pledge as my Christian countrymen.

    My fear here is that without some checks on this Left-wing movement we will end up with a religous 'civil war' of sorts in this country. Something we truely do not need. This is a nation of religious freedom. That means ALL religions, or even none.

    ReplyDelete