Saturday, October 29, 2005

My Thoughts

As I read the news and consider the multiple problems facing our nation, I am often unable to articulate my fears and uncertainties. I remain totally supportive of our military who have voluntered to do any dangerous job assigned to them in order to protect our nation. Peggy Noonan is a gifted writer that often states the partially formed thoughts I have. At my age, I have seen so many changes in our laws and in the culture as a whole that lead me to fear for the future generations of America.
I encourage you to read this and look forward to any comments you may have.
OpinionJournal - Peggy Noonan

1 comment:

  1. Are the wheels really coming off the trolley, or are we just struggling to come to terms with information overload and increased fearmongering (something both the government and the media excel at)? There's no question that I am very concerned about what my grandchildren and their children will be dealing with in this society, but we are scarcely the first generation which feared for the next; I can recall, and probably so can you, the older folks saying "I'm just glad I'm not raising kids in this day and age" when I was a kid myself. To a certain extent our current fears are justified, as it's unquestionably a lot scarier "out there" now than it was for us. But we also need to be careful not to blow that gloominess out of proportion -- that's where defeatism and fatalism come in, and when that happens we start thinking like the lady with her kid's earrings; "eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we may die".

    ReplyDelete