Sunday, September 12, 2004

John Kerry on Christian Faith

Kerry claims to be a Roman Catholic although he does not accept the teachings of the church and says church officials cannot tell him what to do in his political life.

Kerry however feels free to exploit scripture to prove Bush is "Wrong" and infer that Kerry is therefore the better Christian. Remember, John Kerry promises to tax the rich and provide more entitlements for the poor. In March, 2004 the AP reported Kerry spoke in a St. Louis church. Kerry aimed his criticism at "our present national leadership." Kerry cited Scripture in his appeal for the worshippers, including James 2:14, "What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds?"

"The Scriptures say, what does it profit, my brother, if someone says he has faith but does not have works?" Kerry said. "When we look at what is happening in America today, where are the works of compassion?"

In 1995, Kerry reportedly had a taxable income of $126,179, and made charitable contributions of $0. In 1994, he gave $2,039 to charity. In 1993, the figure was $175. In 1992, it was $820, and in 1991, it was $0. (Source of information,
http://www.nationalreview.com/york/york200404140841.asp)

I know that I am an imperfect Christian. My deeds do not always reflect my faith.
I do not have moral superiority to any person. I just have to admit that, as an imperfect Christian, it irks me to see John Kerry criticize our President's faith and deeds and use this as a method of pandering for votes.

No comments:

Post a Comment