Saturday, September 18, 2004

Mudville Gazette 9/18/04 THE ROAD LESS GRAVELED

A down home message for Dan Rather in the colorful Texas idiom he so loves
Y'all know what we all been thinkin' out here in Texas, Dan, since you started all this foolishness? We think y'all been pissin'down our necks an' tellin' us it's rain for so long that you boys done got to believin' it yourselves. Heck, we think maybe you been back East so long you got yourself thinkin' us folks out here couldn't hit sand if we fell off our horses; couldn't hit water if we fell outta the boat. Danged if you ain't been treatin' us like you think we got squirrels swimmin' in our gene pools or sumthin.' You need to remind yourself that a tree don't ever get too big for a short dog to lift his leg on, Dan."

CLICK ON TITLE TO READ THE REST

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pat!...


    Glad I could visit. Those MilBlogs are THE BEST! That message ta' Dan in "Texasese" made me grin...deeply! Makes me want to add that "Dan Rather couldn't pour p*ss outta' a boot; if the directions were on the heel!" That's about all I can add. I was only stationed at Amarillo for about six mouths...


    Messin' with Texas or Texans could open a whole bunch of "whoop*ss" for those who tread heavily upon "kin." ...and I call President Bush "Kin;" because I firmly believe God placed him in office. Good grief...if anyone else was there to try to address 911!...


    I'll go read some more of your offerings...


    Keep the faith!


    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Pat,

    Hey there! I love the Mudville Gazette! I was also over at Iraq the Future, and I noticed you left a message at a link I followed! It was Kurdistan Blog! I think they will do alright. It is very interesting, and I like to learn about what everyone is thinking. I don't believe the news, even before Blather! God love ya!

    ReplyDelete