Friday, October 08, 2004

Saddam, Just Biding His Time

One of the most significant findings of the Duelfer report was that, “[Saddam] wanted to end sanctions while preserving the capability to reconstitute his weapons of mass destruction (WMD) when sanctions were lifted.” Unless the sanctions, which harmed the Iraqi people more than they did the country’s dictator, were left in place indefinitely, Saddam would have retained the ability to produce more WMDs. That ability made him not only a danger in the region but a threat to America's security.

"With the infusion of funding and resources following acceptance of the oil-for-food program, Iraq effectively shortened the time that would be required to re-establish [chemical weapon] production capacity," Mr. Duelfer said. "By 2003, Iraq would have been able to produce mustard agent in a period of months and nerve agent in less than a year or two."

Thank God, President Bush did not trust this madman. Saddam's allies were subverting the sanctions and working toward having them removed. I shudder to think of the horrors Saddam would have unleashed on the world.

4 comments:

  1. I know. I hope he nails sKerry on this tonight. sKerry was out there touting how wrong the war was because there was no WMD. That is NOT the only reason we went to war. We wanted to change the entire ME! How do you do that? Give them freedom. Something sKerry has no appreciation for since he thinks Communism is a good alternative for the South Vietnamese. He can get me very angry, if I let him. I try not to let him! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I know this comment works, I have written 3, count them 3, comments on the first article which I have read earier. I am going to leave this one without a link to another site, because I think that may be the problem. I will just say that http://www.protestwarrior.com is a very good site that you may like. They are students trying to take back our schools from the Left. They are also showing up at protests to protest them! I think you will like the site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right on!I think that there are WMDs' and that they are hidden in a neighboring country!

    ReplyDelete